Welcome! The transition is now complete!
Capital One® Platinum MasterCard®
Capital One® Platinum Rewards MasterCard®
Please begin using your new Capital One Platinum MasterCard account – your American Express® or Discover® account no longer works.
There is no need to activate your new card. It's ready for use today!
California residents - activate your new card by going to capitalone.com/activate or call the number on the activation sticker of the card.
Questions? Go to the FAQ page or call 1-800-CAPITAL (1-800-227-4825).
Cards That Have Transitioned
- Direct Merchants Bank® American Express®
- Card Services Discover®
- Direct Merchants Bank Discover
- Direct Rewards® Discover
Some important things to know are:
Important Capital One Payment Information
- Payment Options
- Phone Payments
Payments made by phone will be due by 8 p.m. ET on the due date.
- Payment Due Date
Some customer payment due dates changed with their January billing statement.
- Online Payments
Eligible customers can enroll in Capital One Online Banking or link this account to their existing online profile.1
To learn more about your payments options, click here.
- Phone payments made by 8:00 p.m. ET Monday through Saturday will be credited on the same day.
- Phone payments made after 8:00 p.m. ET Monday through Saturday, or on Sunday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Day may not be credited on the same day. However, if your payment due date falls on a Sunday or one of those holidays, then payments made on that day will be considered on time.
- There is no change to the payment cut-off time for payments made online. That will remain as 8:00 p.m. ET.
If you earned rewards with the Capital One-issued American Express or Discover card, you are now earning rewards with your new Capital One Platinum MasterCard.
- Unlimited cash back on every purchase, every day: You will earn 1% cash back on every purchase with no caps, sign-ups, or categories.
- No expiration: Your cash back rewards don't expire.
- Redeem at any time with lots of options: Get your cash back as an account credit, check, or choose from one of our many brand-name gift card options.
To learn more about your new rewards program, click here.
In order to receive your new Capital One card or enroll in Capital One Online Banking, your account must be open and in good standing.