Welcome! We’re glad to have you on board.
You’ve probably recently received some information about your Capital One®-issued American Express® or Discover® card switching to a Capital One Platinum MasterCard®. The transition will be complete by the spring of 2015, and we’ll make sure your trip is a smooth one from the first stop to your final destination.
Cards That Are Transitioning
- Direct Merchants Bank® American Express®
- Card Services Discover®
- Direct Merchants Bank® Discover®
- Direct Rewards® Discover®
The 3 most important things you need to know are:
You’ll be receiving a new Capital One Platinum MasterCard in the spring of 20151.
Until then, continue to use your current Capital One-issued American Express Card or Discover card just like you do today.
Important information about your NEW PLATINUM CARD
- Your credit card will change to a Capital One Platinum MasterCard.
- Your card number, expiration date, and the card security number (3-digit code on back of your card) will change.
For now, keep paying your bill online, by phone, or by mail.
We will notify you as the transition gets closer about any changes to where or how you should make your credit card payments.
- Phone Payments
Starting in January 2015, payments made over the phone will be due by 8 p.m. ET on your payment due date.
- Payment Due Date
Some customer payment due dates may change with their January 2015 billing statements. For those who are affected, your January billing statement will indicate a new due date. Be on the lookout for a notification in your November and December billing statement that will let you know if you are affected by this change.
Important Capital One Payment Information
- Phone payments made by 8:00 p.m. ET Monday through Saturday will be credited on the same day.
- Phone payments made after 8:00 p.m. ET Monday through Saturday, or on Sunday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Day may not be credited on the same day. However, if your payment due date falls on a Sunday or one of those holidays, then payments made on that day will be considered on time.
- There is no change to the payment cut-off time for payments made online. That will remain as 8:00 p.m. ET.
In order to receive your new Capital One card, your account must be open and in good standing.