Welcome! We’re glad to have you on board.
You’ve probably recently received some information about your Capital One®-issued American Express® or Discover® card switching to a Capital One Platinum MasterCard®. The transition will be complete by March 23, 2015, and we’ll make sure your trip is a smooth one from the first stop to your final destination.
Cards That Are Transitioning
- Direct Merchants Bank® American Express®
- Card Services Discover®
- Direct Merchants Bank Discover
- Direct Rewards® Discover
Important things you need to know are:
January 23, 2015
- The cut-off time for payments made by phone Monday through Saturday will change to 8 p.m. ET.
March 15, 2015
- The last day to redeem rewards under your current rewards program (if applicable).
- Visit the Rewards FAQs for additional important dates.
March 16, 2015
- Eligible customers should receive their new Capital One Platinum MasterCard.1
March 19, 2015
- Access to accountcentralonline.com will no longer be available and you'll stop receiving account alerts if you have them set up. If you need to make a payment online or need information about your account after this date, please call the number on the back of your card or statement.
- If you currently earn rewards, you'll begin earning rewards under your new rewards program.
March 23, 2015
Eligible customers will receive a new Capital One Platinum MasterCard by March 16, 2015.1
Continue to use your current Capital One-issued American Express or Discover card until March 23, 2015.
On March 23, 2015, your American Express or Discover card account will no longer work and you will need to begin using your new Platinum MasterCard account.
To learn more about eligibility requirements, click here.
Important information about your NEW PLATINUM MASTERCARD
- Your credit card will change to a Capital One Platinum MasterCard.
- Your card number, expiration date, and the card security number (3-digit code on back of your card) will change.
Important Capital One Payment Information
- Phone Payments
Starting on January 23, 2015, payments made by phone will be due by 8 p.m. ET on the due date.
- Payment Due Date
Some customer payment due dates may change with their January 2015 billing statements. For those who are affected, your January billing statement will indicate a new due date.
- Online Payments
Access to accountcentralonline.com will end on March 19, 2015. Starting March 23, 2015, eligible customers can enroll in Capital One Online Banking at capitalone.com or link this account to their current profile.1
Please make sure that your contact information like your billing address, phone number, and email address is up-to-date by going to accountcentralonline.com.
To learn more about your payments options, click here.
- Phone payments made by 8:00 p.m. ET Monday through Saturday will be credited on the same day.
- Phone payments made after 8:00 p.m. ET Monday through Saturday, or on Sunday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Day may not be credited on the same day. However, if your payment due date falls on a Sunday or one of those holidays, then payments made on that day will be considered on time.
- There is no change to the payment cut-off time for payments made online. That will remain as 8:00 p.m. ET.
If you currently earn rewards, your new Capital One Platinum MasterCard rewards program will begin on March 23, 2015.
There are many great reward benefits you can look forward to:
- Unlimited cash back on every purchase, every day: You will earn 1% cash back on every purchase with no caps, sign-ups, or categories.
- No expiration: Your cash back doesn't expire.
- Redeem at any time with lots of options: Get your cash back as an account credit, check, or choose from one of our many brand-name gift card options.
To learn more about your new rewards program and important dates, click here.
In order to receive your new Capital One card or enroll in Capital One Online Banking, your account must be open and in good standing.